Protect your peace & take up space
Description and details
Resilience is something of which to be proud, but let’s be real — it isn’t easy and can be exhausting. Certified Life Coach and Meditation/Movement Artist Lauren DeVera will lead us through reflective questioning, transformational journaling and interactive activities to help us take up space with confidence, all while protecting our peace!
Topics include living out our values, setting boundaries without guilt, and learning to listen to our higher self. We’re going to get serious but it’ll be in a cozy and safe space.
Every creative deserves to express themselves unapologetically — so will you join us?
Venue name: Zoom
she | her | hers
Founder, Certified Life Coach, choreographer, and podcaster
Certified Coach and Multi-Passionate Entrepreneur Lauren DeVera is most known for her ability to give hugs to our hearts and remind us of our power as artists.
This event will be streamed via Zoom:
- In order to participate fully, plan to join via the Zoom app on a computer, tablet, or mobile device with enough bandwidth to support viewing video.
- Only those whose display name fully matches the name on our registration list will be admitted from the waiting room, to ensure only those who have registered for the event are able to attend — and to create space for intimate conversations.
- This event will be recorded unless technical issues occur. The recordings will be shared in the AIGA DC recordings archive for AIGA members to rewatch or catch up on at a later date. If you’re not an AIGA Member, you can register for a membership on the AIGA Membership website.
- You can ask the speaker questions ahead of time (Google form, which may be answered during the event.
You can find more about joining our virtual events, including how to connect, directions to troubleshoot, and information about our refund policy in our FAQ.
How to prepare
- Make sure you’re in a cozy, safe space for the event.
- Have a notebook and pen handy.
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
- Email our accessibility team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call or text our accessibility lead Josh Kim.
- Request an accommodation through our Google Form.
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
You can learn more about how we’re making DC Design Week an accessible experience by visiting our accessibility statement.
Code of conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of conduct.